What to do in Boston
Planning what to do in Boston for your next visit? We're conveniently located 4.5 miles from Logan International Airport in Revere, MA and six miles from Boston's many tourist sites. We're also just one mile away from the Blue Line T-Station, where guests can take the subway and be in downtown Boston within minutes. We have put together a list of what to do in Boston during your stay - so put on comfortable shoes and discover one of America’s most historic cities.
- Boston Common & Public Garden
- Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
- Boston Duck Tours
- Boston Symphony Hall
- Boston's Children Museum
- Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market
- Fenway Park
- Freedom Trail
- Gloucester, MA
- Logan International Aiport
- Museum of Science, Boston
- New England Aquarium
- Newbury Street Shopping
- Salem, MA
- Square One Mall
- Suffolk Downs Horse Track
- TD Garden
- USS Constitution
How To Get Here
Check out some of our favorite things to do in Boston:
- Boston Common & Public Garden - Enjoy nature - Find the Make Way for Ducklings statue, ride a swan boat, feed the ducks, or just stroll through the park. From its inception, the Public Garden was decorative and flowery, while the Common was pastoral and practical. The Common's walkways were for crosstown travel, the Public Garden's paths for meandering. The Common was America's first park, the Public Garden its first public botanical garden.
- Boston Convention Center - Visit an exhibition at New England's best convention center, featuring over 500,000 square feet of space.
- Boston Duck Tours - See Boston by land and by sea in a World War II amphibious landing vehicle. Cruise by all the places that make Boston the birthplace of freedom.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace - Located near the waterfront and today's Government Center, Fanueil has been a marketplace and a meeting hall since 1742. Also a part of Faneuil Hall Marketplace is Quincy Market an indoor/outdoor mall and food eatery.
- Freedom Trail - A brick path through downtown Boston that leads to 16 significant historic sites. It is a 2.5-mile walk from Boston Common to USS Constitution in Charlestown. Simple ground markers explaining events, graveyards, notable churches, and other buildings, and a historic naval frigate are stops along the way. Enjoy historic Boston at your own pace.
Museums / Monuments
- USS Constitution - The USS Constitution is the world's oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat. Jump aboard and tour the ship.
- Boston Children's Museum - Bring your children here for a day of education and fun for the whole family!
- Museum of Science - New England's most highly attended cultural institution, the Museum of Science features a revolving schedule of temporary exhibits, IMAX films, and Planetarium shows, plus details on more than 700 interactive permanent exhibits and live demonstrations.
- New England Aquarium - The New England Aquarium includes the Simons IMAX Theater and the New England Aquarium Whale Watch (available April - November). The Aquarium's principal feature is the Giant Ocean Tank, a large cylindrical tank simulating a Caribbean coral reef. The tank houses sharks, sea turtles, stingrays, eels, and many smaller reef-living fish.
- Square One Mall - We offer shoppers more than 115 specialty stores ranging from Health & Beauty, Sporting Goods, and Men's and Women's apparel as well as a full service restaurant, Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse, as well as providing shoppers with a vibrant food court full of great choices.
- Newbury Street Shopping - Enjoy the shops and cafe along Newbury Street, a trendy shopping district, in Boston's Back Bay area.
- Suffolk Downs Horse Track - Suffolk Downs, a thoroughbred race track in East Boston opened in 1935. Famous horses that have raced at this track include Seabiscuit, Whirlaway, Funny Cide, and Cigar. The MassCap is held there, as well at the annual Hot Dog Safari.
- Boston Symphony Hall - Enjoy sounds and tunes of the Boston Symphony and Boston Pops while you're in town.
- TD Garden - New England's Premier Sports and Entertainment Arena, Home of the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics.
- Fenway Park - Catch a home game at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. Also enjoy an infamous Fenway frank.